CLOUD - ADS - CLIENT GROWTH
07508 584 014
M22 MANCHESTER, UK
An experienced and knowledgeable technologist and digital strategist. 11 years experience at Google, working with stakeholders of all levels of seniority with some of the UK's largest clients and agencies. Helping customers break out of the "we've always done it this way" mindset, by plainly illustrating the real-world benefits of innovation.
2x Certified in the Google Cloud Platform, with strong working knowledge and experience of: maintaining and provisioning resources with Terraform, building and deploying containerised apps on Cloud Run, selecting and provisioning VMs with Compute Engine, using API Gateway to create and publish RESTful APIs, building CI/CD pipelines, setting up DNS & Load Balancing, use of Identity Access Management to maintain secure access to and between GCP services, choosing and provisioning database solutions, provisioning and scaling Kubernetes clusters on GKE, logging & monitoring resources, use of the gcloud / gsutil CLI tools. Use of these and other features to design full working solutions on GCP.
Other skills include: devising and embedding digital strategy, creating and delivering training sessions on a variety of Google ad-tech products and features, driving the adoption of new marketing technology via client workshops and other initiatives, building robust stakeholder and partnership relationships to drive collaboration and mutual success.
Product Specialist / Industry Manager - Google Manchester, 2011 to 2022
- Performance Marketing lead (encompassing Google Ads and SA360) for various large UK agencies (including the entire managed WPP UK group.)
- Responsible for driving incremental revenue via the adoption of new advertising technology, forward thinking and sustainable digital marketing strategies, and the promotion of ad-tech best practice.
- Set the vision and sales strategy for managed agency partners and collaborated with colleagues across multiple offices in different locations to ensure seamless and consistent delivery of goals.
- Devised and delivered workshops and training sessions on all aspects of the Google Ads platform.
- Built and delivered training on the Google Analytics Individual Qualification exam (and the GA platform generally), before such training existed.
- Ran “Search Maturity Workshops” with large advertisers from all verticals, to surface opportunities and create strategies to leverage Big Data to support business objectives.
- Ran the program to encourage agencies to build Comparison Shopping services platforms, leading directly to the creation of platforms such as HeroCompare, ProductCaster & Croud, as now used by brands such as Argos, H&M, Boots and Missguided.
- Responsible for many and varied customer-facing events (online and face-to-face) including originating the practice of live-streaming the popular UK Product Kickoff.
- Ran programs to promote the use of Google Ads Scripts by large UK agency partners.
Senior Account Manager - Wavemaker (MEC), 2010 to 2011
Paid search lead for the Wavemaker (MEC at the time) Manchester office for clients such as MBNA and Absolute Radio.
Senior Account Manager - Bigmouthmedia, 2008 to 2010
Senior paid search manager for the Bigmouthmedia Manchester office, with sole responsibility for the Google Ads strategy for clients such as Aer Lingus and Macmillan Cancer Support
Online Marketing Manager - EF English First, 2007 to 2008
Generalist digital lead for the EF Manchester office. Responsible for Paid Search & SEO strategy. Designed and built websites and application platforms to promote teacher recruitment and training.
Web Designer / Online Marketing - Whittle Partnerships, 2006 to 2007
Web designer, responsible for the design and build of the company site. Lead on PCC / SEO Strategy.
EDUCATION and TRAINING
Professional qualification to demonstrate ability to plan, deploy and monitor enterprise-level solutions on Google Cloud Platform.
Fundamental qualification on all aspects of the Google Cloud Platform
The Odin Project - 2021 - Full-stack online web development course.
GitHub profile for projects built here: https://github.com/CJ1138/
Google Sales Mastery - 2015-2021 (equivalent to Google Skillshop certifications):
Google Ads Search, Display, Video, Measurement. Google Marketing Platform: SA360, GA360
University of Salford 1997 to 2000: BA (Hons) Media Production & Performance (2:1)
Guitar Playing. Music Production. Video Editing and Compositing. 3D Printing. 3D Modelling.
Family time and trips with my wife and two daughters.